The information listed below are based some of the element that a client can come across while renting a vehicle, although these do not cover all possible situations. Kindly take you time to read your rental contract.
The renters have the right to request certain guarantees. Be aware they might offer or pressure you to subscribe for
additional protections and other services that are not always required or mandatory.
- I am 26 years old or older; and my driver's licence has been valid for a minimum of one year. I am between the age of 21 and 25 years old and my driver’s licence has been valid for a minimum of 2 years.
- All required governmental documents for all the countries I will be visiting, are valid and I will have them with me during my trip (valid passport, visas, International driver's licence etc.). An International driver's licence is mandatory in most of the European countries. Get informed before your departure. (In Quebec, the international driver’s licence is issued by CAA Quebec).
- The credit card is under my name (name as in the reservation) and I will have it with me at time of my rental pick up. IMPORTANT: 2 major credit cards may be required for rentals with luxury car categories.
- If I decline the insurance offered by the rental company, I make sure my personal insurance has the proper coverages for my rental. For example, does it cover duration of rental, the value of the car and coverage for the liability insurance.
- I will make sure to bring and have a copy of my personal insurance documentation with me at time of pick up, in French and in English. The rental company may refuse to rent the vehicle or impose insurance if I am unable to provide the proper insurance documents and/or if coverages are insufficient.
- All subscribed additional insurances and protections with the rental company at time of rental pick up, will have to be paid in local currency. No refund will be permitted for any additional insurance and protections approved and signed locally at time of rental pick up.
- All damages to the tires, windows and windshield, are never covered by the protection plans, unless otherwise stated.
- At my rental pick up, a guaranteed deposit is mandatory on my credit card (cash is not accepted).
- The guaranteed deposit will only be refunded once rental has been returned, if applicable. The guaranteed deposit value may vary based on the applicable deductible amount and /or the value of the rental in addition to the local fees not included in the plan and if I have subscribed additional coverages or products and services.
- Unless otherwise stated in the rental plan, all other supplements (local fees) if applicable, are subject to change and payable at destination in local currency.
- It is strongly advised to verify with the rental company which fuel the car requires diesel or regular gas before I leave the counter.
UPON YOUR RETURN...
- I make sure to keep my rental contract and invoices related to my car rental.
- If I want to make a claim, I need to submit it in writing to my travel agent within 30days of my travel, along with the copy of my rental contract and all invoices supporting my claim.
- If I need copies of original documents related to my car rental, the request has to be made to my travel agent. A charge of $25 will be required from the supplier.
To find out which side of the road I need to drive in the country I will be visiting, click here http://whatsideoftheroad.com